Easy Tiger, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is currently seeking AM Prep Cooks to join our South Lamar team!
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
SALARY / GRADE LEVEL: Hourly / Non-Exempt
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Perform routine kitchen tasks
- Follow prep list created to plan duties
- Ensure all ingredients have arrived for the day and alert Kitchen Manager of shortages
- Label, stock and rotate all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Ability to follow recipes accurately
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables and cutting and slicing meat
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes
- Undertake basic cooking duties including but not limited to preparing sauces, stocks and jams.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash, recycling and compost
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
- One year previous cooking experience in a professional and fast paced environment preferred
- Food Handlers Certificate (or must be willing to obtain)
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and weekends
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Familiar with kitchen equipment and appliances
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and attention to detail
- Team player with a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (for eligible full-time employees)
- Discounted employee meals
- Friends & Family Meal Discounts
- Employee referral program
- Leadership opportunities & career growth
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)
Or apply here.
Easy Tiger is growing, and we are always looking for team members who have a passion for our brand and want to grow with us! More Austin locations are in the works and will need leaders to step up to the plate.
Medical, Dental, and Vison
Easy Tiger offers medical, dental, and vision benefits to all of our full-time managers as well as medical benefits to our full time (32+ hours/week) team members with a start date the first of the month following hire date.
We take pride in our commitment to the community, answering the call to feed our neighbors in need with our Community Bread Program.
Team Members receive a 50% discount on food and merchandise.