- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting function
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Administers the company’s accounting and financial systems
- Leads, manages and supports accounting personnel in the performance of their duties
- Supervises and ensures the timely completion of the month end accounting close process
- Performs general accounting including, but not limited to: expense accruals, prepaid assets, fixed assets, cost allocations between locations, state and local taxes, compensation expense, stock and merchandise inventory adjustments, event deposit applications, rent expense, and debt roll-forward schedules
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting and remittance of taxes to various government entities (sales and use taxes, payroll withholding taxes, and alcohol taxes)
- Supports external accountants in the preparation of state and federal tax returns and ensures timely filing and payment of taxes
- Oversees and ensures the timely completion and accuracy of:
- weekly and monthly physical inventory adjustments
- bi-weekly payroll processing
- wholesale customer receivable collections
- vendor invoice and employee expense report entry and payments
- Monitors wholesale bakery customer receivables and ensures collection
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of five years of related experience required
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required
- CPA or other accounting certification preferred
- Responsible and dedicated to keeping commitments and meeting deadlines
- Possesses a bias toward action
- Inquisitive by nature and learns by questioning
- Able to manage and successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to communicate effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and mainstream accounting software applications
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Friends & Family Meal Discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Remote Work Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SLOW DOWN, STAY AWHILE
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
As the world moves faster and faster, our mission is to help people Slow Down, Stay Awhile. We hope by putting Easy Tiger on more tables, we can help more people experience the Slow Down, Stay Awhile lifestyle. To do this, we look for team members who believe, live and love our core values.
- We are UNIQUE with our own strengths, just like the bread we bake.
- We ACTIVELY SERVER others. Hold the door. Sweep the floor. Make it right. Jump in.
- We are CURIOUS cats, questioning conventional wisdom, to find better ways.
- We shift gears to create HARMONY; we know when to be Easy, when to be Tigers.
- We are PROUD of how we operate and what we create; we challenge each other to be better!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)