Our menu highlights our artisanal breads and pastries, baked fresh daily, and paired with our house recipe smoked meats and sausages. We also feature a full bar that includes an impressive selection of craft beers - all meant to be enjoyed in our expansive outdoor beer gardens!
We are looking for team members that are hard working, unique, bring a warm, personal and thoughtful approach to hospitality and find joy in actively serving their team and guests. We have a high standard for our product and service and expect our team to constantly raise the bar and be proud of the Easy Tiger brand and wear it as a badge of honor.
The Culinary Director is responsible for leading our culinary team in development and refinement of operational standards, while ensuring processes are scalable for growth and consistency across locations. The ideal candidate will drive system and process design in Easy Tiger’s restaurant operations and ensure compliance to defined standards, while serving as the creative force behind menu development. This leader will drive growth by empowering the culinary team to ideate, create and contribute. The role encompasses leadership over our retail and catering operations.
REPORTS TO: CEO
- Define and uphold Easy Tiger quality standards; implements systems for quality control. Implement existing training effectively or develop new training standards if necessary, for kitchen processes and systems.
- Assist with the development and consistency of line execution standards and practice.
- Define operational best practices for proper prep flow and par level management.
- Maintain a high standard of sanitation best practices, including inspections and compliance across all stores.
- Understanding of supply chain management to ensure kitchen purchasing aids in the meeting of financial goals while maintaining a focus on quality and consistency in our ingredients.
- Support or define operational best practices for consistent food quality, recipe execution and restaurant procedures across every Easy Tiger location.
- Analyze and update kitchen schematics for flow and functionality as needed.
- Support kitchen operations during busy shifts as needed.
- Collaborate with our Head Dough Puncher and kitchen leadership team to develop and launch cravable menu items for seasonal, specials and catering/event menu changes. Items should be scalable, repeatable recipes with coherent instructions for all locations.
- Oversee process for seasonal menu changes including but not limited to:
- Research and develop of recipes
- Ingredient sourcing
- Item costing
- Menu engineering
- Kitchen and FOH Training
- Quality and consistency coaching
- Adjustments as needed based on guest feedback
- Promote and share your passion for the Easy Tiger brand as a culinary ambassador for on- and off-site special events.
- Responsible for mentoring a fully functioning and efficient culinary team. Lead the team through expectation setting, process management and accountability.
- Establish one-on-one and group communication with kitchen leadership teams.
- Work with location General Manager to create appropriate developmental plans that help the culinary team define career goals and identify the skills needed to achieve them.
- Maintain effective and open communication among peers, superiors, and subordinates, giving guidance, support, timely feedback, and recognition of high performance.
- Monitor BOH cost of goods with Kitchen Managers and GMs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in the hospitality industry that includes managing chefs and/or kitchen managers.
- Minimum of 5 years in multi-unit management experience in a restaurant or hospitality organization
- ServeSafe Certification, local Health Cards (as required)
- Displays a professional appearance and is a positive role model
- Strong verbal and written skills to ensure effective communication
- Passion for the highest quality food standards and food safety practices
- Analytical skills associated with strong P&L management.
- Ability to organize and develop systems to ensure efficient culinary operations.
- Proven track record of developing high-performing teams.
- Proven skills in organizing work, attention to detail, giving direction, managing time effectively, and handling multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain a collaborative R&D environment through menu innovation and development with the executive team.
- Multi-unit recipe training experience.
- Skilled at integrating technology, menu planning and cost/data analysis into food operations.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, driven and proficient at multitasking
- Holds self and others accountable to a consistent level of high performance standards
- Expected work week of 50 hours minimum; higher volume seasons and heavier work weeks are expected
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft & Google Suite) and office skills required
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Free Shift Meals
- Friends & Family Meal Discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SLOW DOWN, STAY AWHILE
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
As the world moves faster and faster, our mission is to help people Slow Down, Stay Awhile. We hope by putting Easy Tiger on more tables, we can help more people experience the Slow Down, Stay Awhile lifestyle. To do this, we look for team members who believe, live and love our core values.
- We are UNIQUE with our own strengths, just like the bread we bake.
- We ACTIVELY SERVER others. Hold the door. Sweep the floor. Make it right. Jump in.
- We are CURIOUS cats, questioning conventional wisdom, to find better ways.
- We shift gears to create HARMONY; we know when to be Easy, when to be Tigers.
- We are PROUD of how we operate and what we create; we challenge each other to be better!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)