LEAD ARTISAN BAKER
Easy Tiger, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is currently seeking a Lead Artisan Bread Baker to join our wholesale bakery team.
We boast one of the highest quality wholesale bakeries in the country featuring local, nutritious, beautiful bread that has no dough conditioners. Our mission is to help our guests and clients “Slow Down, Stay Awhile” by bringing people together around the table to break bread and enjoy Easy Tiger wherever they are and however they wish.
We are looking for someone that is hard working, unique, and finds joy in actively serving their team and clients by creating an amazing artisanal product. We have a high standard for our product and service and expect our team to constantly raise the bar and be proud of the Easy Tiger brand and wear it as a badge of honor.
The Easy Tiger Lead Bread Baker is committed to creating and maintaining a positive environment for staff and ensure that quality product is produced. In addition to essential production duties, they are expected to oversee the ongoing training, quality, and overall safety of other bakers on shift. The Lead Bread Baker will complete assigned scheduling, ordering, inventory, and sanitation duties in addition to other tasks as assigned. The Lead Bread Baker is knowledgeable about every product we sell and can produce each product efficiently. This person serves as a role model to employees and behaves as such.
REPORTS TO: Bakery Operations Manager
SALARY / GRADE LEVEL: Hourly / Non-Exempt
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Shaping & proofing a variety of unique breads
· Baking artisan breads using state of the art deck and convection ovens
· Mixing various doughs and starters while maintaining consistent quality and schedule
· Putting away deliveries, including items up to 50 pounds
· Maintaining cleanliness
· 2 years leadership experience
· 2 years artisan bread baking experience
· Strong work ethic, reliability, and attention to detail
· Passion for quality food & hospitality
· Team player with a friendly disposition towards a positive workplace
· ServeSafe or Food Handlers certification (or must be willing to obtain)
· Ability to lift 50+ pounds
· Ability to work standing for 10 hours
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Discounted employee meals
· Friends & Family Meal Discounts
· Further Leadership opportunities & career growth
· Paid time off
SLOW DOWN, STAY AWHILE
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
As the world moves faster and faster, our mission is to help people Slow Down, Stay Awhile. We hope by putting Easy Tiger on more tables, we can help more people experience the Slow Down, Stay Awhile lifestyle. To do this, we look for team members who believe, live and love our core values.
- We are UNIQUE with our own strengths, just like the bread we bake.
- We ACTIVELY SERVER others. Hold the door. Sweep the floor. Make it right. Jump in.
- We are CURIOUS cats, questioning conventional wisdom, to find better ways.
- We shift gears to create HARMONY; we know when to be Easy, when to be Tigers.
- We are PROUD of how we operate and what we create; we challenge each other to be better!