Our mission is to help our guests “Slow Down, Stay Awhile” by curating a dine in, take out and delivery experience that brings people together around the table to break bread and enjoy Easy Tiger wherever they are and however they wish.
Our menu highlights our artisanal breads and pastries, baked fresh daily, and paired with our house recipe smoked meats and sausages. We also feature a full bar that includes an impressive selection of craft beers - all meant to be enjoyed in our expansive outdoor beer gardens!
We are looking for team members that are hard working, unique, bring a warm, personal and thoughtful approach to hospitality and find joy in actively serving their team and guests. We have a high standard for our product and service and expect our team to constantly raise the bar and be proud of the Easy Tiger brand and wear it as a badge of honor.
The Easy Tiger Prep Cook position is committed to consistently creating an exceptional product and focusing on a high standard of quality in all aspects of their day to day responsibilities including but not limited to preparation of Easy Tiger recipes, sanitation and safety compliance and assisting in packaging foods. The prep cook should have the ability to prepare Easy Tiger recipes accurately and consistently and have exceptional time management skills. The prep cook is expected to promote teamwork by cooperating with management and collaborating whenever possible with other team members.
- Perform routine kitchen tasks
- Follow prep list created to plan duties
- Ensure all ingredients have arrived for the day and alert Kitchen Manager of shortages
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables and cutting and slicing meat
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes
- Undertake basic cooking duties including but not limited to preparing sauces, stocks and jams.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash, recycling and compost
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years previous cooking experience in a professional and fast paced environment preferred
- Food Handlers Certificate (or must be willing to obtain)
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and weekends
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Familiar with kitchen equipment and appliances
- Ability to follow recipes accurately
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and attention to detail
- Team play with a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (for eligible full-time employees)
- Discounted employee meals
- Friends & Family Meal Discounts
- Living wage compensation ($15/hour)
- Leadership opportunities & career growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SLOW DOWN, STAY AWHILE
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
As the world moves faster and faster, our mission is to help people Slow Down, Stay Awhile. We hope by putting Easy Tiger on more tables, we can help more people experience the Slow Down, Stay Awhile lifestyle. To do this, we look for team members who believe, live and love our core values.
- We are UNIQUE with our own strengths, just like the bread we bake.
- We ACTIVELY SERVER others. Hold the door. Sweep the floor. Make it right. Jump in.
- We are CURIOUS cats, questioning conventional wisdom, to find better ways.
- We shift gears to create HARMONY; we know when to be Easy, when to be Tigers.
- We are PROUD of how we operate and what we create; we challenge each other to be better!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)