Easy Tiger, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is currently seeking a Controller to join our team.
We boast one of the highest quality wholesale bakeries in the country featuring local, nutritious, beautiful artisanal breads and pastries, baked fresh daily, and paired with our house recipe smoked meats and sausages. We also feature a full bar that includes an impressive selection of craft beers - all meant to be enjoyed in our expansive outdoor beer gardens!
Our mission is to help our guests, clients, and team “Slow Down, Stay Awhile” by bringing people together around the table to break bread and enjoy Easy Tiger wherever they are and however they wish.
We are looking for team members that are hard working, unique, bring a warm, personal and thoughtful approach to hospitality and find joy in actively serving their team and guests. We have a high standard for our product and service and expect our team to constantly raise the bar and be proud of the Easy Tiger brand and wear it as a badge of honor.
The Controller position is responsible for effectively managing the accounting operations of the organization, as well as cash management and risk management, along with supervising all accounting staff. The financial controller must deliver precise information under strict deadlines and have excellent time management skills. The controller is looked at as a leader within the company, providing leadership, support, coaching and development to financial team members. They are also responsible for creating/maintaining a positive and professional working relationship with all staff members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which is conducive to maximum staff morale, productivity and efficiencies.
REPORTS TO: CEO
SALARY / GRADE LEVEL: Salaried / Exempt
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Accounting: Manage the bookkeeping function of the Company that includes multiple current locations of beer garden restaurants, any future locations, a wholesale bakery, a holdings entity, a commissary entity, and a management entity. Produce Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements of Company activity that can be used by the CEO and Board of Directors for decision making.
- Record Keeping: Manage the record keeping systems of the organization from online cloud document services (Dropbox, et al) to physical document storage and maintenance.
- Payroll: Execute payroll per the organization’s payroll schedule for all hourly and salaried employees via a third-party payroll processor.
- Income Tax: Correspond with Company third-party CPAs to ensure timely, accurate, and advantageous Federal and State income and franchise tax filings.
- Sales Tax: Calculate, reconcile, and remit State Sales Tax and State Alcohol Tax.
- Payroll Tax: Oversee the successful remittance and reporting of payroll taxes reported and remitted by a third-party payroll processor.
- Reporting: Produce and maintain period financials per the Company’s financial periods for reporting to Management and the Board.
- Managing: Produce and maintain weekly financials per the Company’s financial weeks for reporting to Managers and Employees.
- Insurance: Maintain all Company insurance policies, staying current with premium payments, negotiate policy coverage, and ensure policy compliance.
- Legal: Correspond and manage legal matters of the Company with Company legal counsel and implement recommendations or compliance instructions.
- Banking: Maintain the Company’s banking relationship with the Company bank and banker and manage bank statements and transactions.
- Systems: Ensure successful use and integration of Company-used software that includes Point of Sale, Accounting, HR, Payroll, Scheduling, Eligibility, and others.
- Accounts Payable: Managing the successful payment of vendors and suppliers.
- Contracts: Manage and execute any contracts that the Company may enter into.
- Forecasting: Produce from time to time Company projections and forecasts that can be used in strategic planning.
- Team Management: Create structure, supervise and provide guidance to the financial and systems team including AP Manager, AR Manager and Systems Manager.
- Responsibility: Take any steps to ensure the successful operation of the company that may not have been explicitly listed above and falls within the realm of official Company business.
- Resources: Utilizes technical resources in (1) third party CPAs, (2) the consultants ET engages from time to time and (3) parent company’s accounting and finance department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent and highly accurate math and accounting skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, and specialized accounting software used by the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required; Masters degree preferred.
- Five years or more of related experience required (food service preferred).
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Friends & Family Meal Discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Remote Work Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SLOW DOWN, STAY AWHILE
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
As the world moves faster and faster, our mission is to help people Slow Down, Stay Awhile. We hope by putting Easy Tiger on more tables, we can help more people experience the Slow Down, Stay Awhile lifestyle. To do this, we look for team members who believe, live and love our core values.
- We are UNIQUE with our own strengths, just like the bread we bake.
- We ACTIVELY SERVER others. Hold the door. Sweep the floor. Make it right. Jump in.
- We are CURIOUS cats, questioning conventional wisdom, to find better ways.
- We shift gears to create HARMONY; we know when to be Easy, when to be Tigers.
- We are PROUD of how we operate and what we create; we challenge each other to be better!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)