Easy Tiger, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is hiring an Assistant Manager to assist in leading our Beer Garden team. Easy Tiger is a dynamic and growing restaurant, combining artisanal bread and a unique craft beer list. We believe that the best hospitality starts with great people, great service and great products.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for effectively managing day to day operations including dine in, curbside and delivery service as it pertains to the Easy Tiger guest experience including, but not limited to engaging and building a rapport with guests, managing daily opening, running and closing duties for the staff and creating an upbeat and positive environment.
The Assistant Manager acts as a brand representative by reinforcing the company goals, visions and mission statement while ensuring Easy Tiger’s standards of quality, experience and service are accomplished. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for keeping the leadership team promptly and fully informed of all significant matters (i.e. issues, challenges, unusual matters and anything that could better overall operations/financials/guest experience) and takes prompt corrective action when necessary or suggests alternative courses of action. They are also responsible for creating/maintaining a positive and professional working relationship with all staff members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which is conducive to maximum staff morale, productivity and efficiencies.
- Manages front of house team during scheduled floor shifts ensuring that all store operations are running smoothly
- Engages with guests during floor shift striving for 100% table and bar touches with a strong emphasis on guest satisfaction
- Oversees all aspects of service team operations including, but not limited to managing the floor, delivery and curbside operations (at applicable locations), communicating staffing needs, scheduling, inventory, facility maintenance, continued staff education and training, maintaining opening/running/closing duties.
- Practices responsible alcohol service and expects / ensures the same from staff
- Holds staff accountable for maintaining a high standard of service by following Easy Tiger Steps of Service guidelines.
- Works with management/hourly staff to ensure P&L execution and meeting or beating labor and paper product cost.
- Controls inventory and preparation levels to minimize overstock items and waste
- Maintains and oversees cleanliness, organization and proper maintenance of FOH Facilities including dining rooms
- Provides feedback in order to manage major vendor relationships, pricing and contracts
- Conducts staff meetings when necessary, shift meetings every day and keeps staff informed on new developments and upcoming events
- Maintains current Food Handler certifications for staff and managers
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years minimum management experience
- Texas Food Handlers Certificate (as required) and TABC Certification are required
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Displays a professional appearance and is a positive role model within the restaurant
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellence guest relations skills
- High guest satisfaction expectations and focus
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft & Google Suite) and office skills required
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Meal Discounts
- Paid Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Slow Down, Stay Awhile!
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
- Team Is Everything – We can’t do it alone, and together we can achieve anything. We rely on each other to become our best and make each other stronger.
- Quality Obsessed – We believe in doing things the right way and creating experiences and things that make us proud.
- Growth Oriented – We’re a team of people that relishes the opportunity to push ourselves and be a tad uncomfortable, because it helps us grow. We are all for challenging ourselves and achieving results.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)