Easy Tiger, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is hiring an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for assisting the Controller in all aspects of the accounting functions for the company. The position will handle all aspects of accounts payable, payroll, assisting with reporting, month end close along with other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for our brand, experience in the restaurant industry, keen organization and communication skills. The drive to serve and help others with a positive, can-do spirit.
- Process invoices in ERP System, verifying transaction information with necessary approvals, requisitions, company agreements, proper coding, monthly recurring expenses, etc.
- Scheduling and preparing payment for check runs to include setting up vendors on ACH payments.
- Setting up new vendors, ensuring proper documentation is received for 1099 purposes.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist Restaurant Managers with payable/payroll inquires.
- Own and Manage month end close to include journal entries, reviewing of inventory, bank recons, accruals and the review of P&Ls for accuracy.
- Assist Controller in assessing and improving processes, implementing controls and new systems where necessary.
- Perform a variety of special projects as directed by the Controller.
- Organizational skills: you create and keep deadlines; hold yourself accountable; you are able to prioritize a variety of tasks/demands at once while staying calm and cool under pressure
- Attention to Detail: you have an eye for detail, you are good at noticing things that others might not, you make quality a priority
- Technical experience: you have been thru an implementation; you are a problem solver and prefer to fix the root cause of a problem rather than putting a band aid over it; you have worked with multiple systems including ERP, POS and payroll systems; you like to work smarter not harder by streamlining processes
- Communication skills: you are not afraid to ask for help, you like to bounce things off someone if unsure; you like to check and double check your work before sending something out; you like to be a team player; you like to do what it takes to get things done and have the positive can do attitude; you are mindful, respectful of others and puts yourself in their shoes when communicating with others
- Financial acumen: you have the core financial literacy concepts and metrics; you keep a watchful eye on actuals vs budget; you have a keen understanding of financial statements, financial analysis, core financial performance metrics, budgets and drivers
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Sick Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Slow Down, Stay Awhile!
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
- Team Is Everything – We can’t do it alone, and together we can achieve anything. We rely on each other to become our best and make each other stronger.
- Quality Obsessed – We believe in doing things the right way and creating experiences and things that make us proud.
- Growth Oriented – We’re a team of people that relishes the opportunity to push ourselves and be a tad uncomfortable, because it helps us grow. We are all for challenging ourselves and achieving results.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)