Easy Tiger, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is hiring an Assistant General Manager (AGM) to assist in leading our Beer Garden team. Easy Tiger is a dynamic and growing restaurant, combining artisanal bread and a unique craft beer list. We believe that the best hospitality starts with great people, great service and great products.
The Assistant General Manager position is responsible for effectively managing all areas of operations for their location including human resources, profitability and sales growth by providing leadership, support, coaching and development to all team members.
The AGM acts as a brand representative by reinforcing the company goals, visions and mission statement while ensuring Easy Tiger standards of quality and service are accomplished. Additionally, the AGM is responsible for keeping the leadership team promptly and fully informed of all significant matters (i.e. issues, challenges, unusual matters and anything that could better overall operations/financials/guest experience) and takes prompt corrective action when necessary or suggests alternative courses of action. They are also responsible for creating/maintaining a positive and professional working relationship with all staff members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which is conducive to maximum staff morale, productivity and efficiencies.
- Manages entire operations of venue, including but not limited to: Daily decision-making, staff support and coaching, guest interaction, scheduling, kitchen operations, P&L, cost controls/management, inventory regulation, building sales, community involvement, all safety and security standards including food handling requirements, profitability expectations and effective planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Maintains ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Exercises good judgment and effective decision-making
- Provides effective coaching and delegation to management team with timely follow up
- Hiring & Onboarding: Conducts interviews, staff orientation and maintains staffing levels at all times
- Coaches staff and managers according to operational and procedural needs, maintaining high standards
- Actively engages with the guests during every shift and expects the same from all managers / shift managers
- Expects manager presence on the floor during operations
- Utilizes guest feedback to coach and develop staff members and managers
- Conducts staff meetings when necessary, shift meetings every day and keeps staff informed on new developments and upcoming events
- Ensures all staff members and managers adhere to the Company’s uniform standards
- Maintains a safe working and guest experience environment to reduce the risk of incident, injury and food handling related issues
- Ensures proper security procedures are in place to protect managers, staff members, guests and company assets
- Project planning and management: Ability to strategize and launch new projects effectively and create and implement systems for long term success.
- Contributes to manager performance reviews and performs staff reviews as required.
- Oversees and maintains the Training program to ensure that all employees are set up for success per company standards
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years minimum as a high-volume venue Manager with extensive knowledge of total operations.
- ServSafe Certification, local Health Cards (as required) and ABC Certification are required
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Displays a professional appearance and is a positive role model within the restaurant
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellence guest relations skills
- High guest satisfaction expectations and focus
- Resourceful problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong ability to multi-task projects simultaneously
- Holds self and others accountable to consistently maintain high performance standards
- Expected work week of 50 hours minimum; higher volume seasons and heavier work weeks are expected
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft & Google Suite) and office skills required
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance (for eligible employees)
- Competitive Salary
- Meal Discounts
- Paid Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Slow Down, Stay Awhile!
Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden features artisan bread, cured meats, full bar, and craft beers. Our in-house bakery offers a selection of Old World hearth breads, European-style pastries, and signature soft pretzels— all baked fresh daily.
Easy Tiger seeks to create moments where you can Slow Down, Stay Awhile. Break bread with friends in our jovial Beer Gardens, enjoy handcrafted bread, pastries and pretzels made with exceptional ingredients, and learn how to bake bread at home with our recipes and resources.
What’s it like to work at Easy Tiger?
- Team Is Everything – We can’t do it alone, and together we can achieve anything. We rely on each other to become our best and make each other stronger.
- Quality Obsessed – We believe in doing things the right way and creating experiences and things that make us proud.
- Growth Oriented – We’re a team of people that relishes the opportunity to push ourselves and be a tad uncomfortable, because it helps us grow. We are all for challenging ourselves and achieving results.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)